Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a great Christmas.  We started it off with Christmas Eve at my Dad's as usual.  Thankfully Chad got the night off.  We came back home and did the annual cruise through our community where they do luminarias along the sidewalks on Christmas Eve.  It was packed this year.  Olivia cried the whole time because she just wanted to go home and go to sleep.  Leah whined because Olivia was crying and it was ruining the sight seeing and Gabe slept through the whole thing.  Sounds like a pretty standard outing for the Bennetts these days.  When we got home and got everyone in bed, Chad and I headed to the garage to open Santa's Workshop.  One box at a time!  Here are some photos of the festivities!

I tried to sneak over to the couch and squeeze in some FB but Chad made me get up and help him.

Why do I always choose the toys that need so much assembly?

So many small pieces to put together!!

Olivia's bike

The evidence that the elves left behind


It's all ready for the big reveal

The annual Santa letter

Santa and the reindeer have obviously been here

I would like to add here that Leah woke up at 3 am and threw a tantrum in the doorway of our bedroom because we wouldn't let her go downstairs.  We can laugh about it now but at the time is was less than funny.  She got in bed with us (which never happens and there is a good reason for that.....we don't all fit!!) and I ended up on the couch to "guard" the loot.  She eventually fell asleep just so that Olivia could wake us all up at 5 am SHARP!  It also should be noted that I distinctly remember doing this to my parents and I know that this is just payback.  So I will take comfort in the fact that Leah and Olivia's children will do the same to them.  And I'll be old and sleeping in.  Ha ha.

Taking it all in

This is the one of two times Olivia has been on her bike

Leah's crazy candy face

Olivia was thrilled that she got 2 packs of "tabwets" AKA Tic Tacs

Olivia shredded the paper on every one of her gifts...one little piece at a time

Chad got me a few CrossFit shirts

The best $5.99 I spent

They painted these figures for an hour.  And then they gave them to Mimi and Auntie as Christmas gifts (their idea).

And then there is this little handsome guy

I love his little cheeks

Seriously? ( I think he needs some more orange veggies don't you?)

Gabe learned how to do raspberries


I played with my camera...hydrangeas are my FAVORITE



Leah and Trio playing the DSi and Olivia on the Itouch

Olivia playing Angry Birds on the Itouch

Gabe with a few of my handsome nephews

Good thing we didn't get him very many toys because he preferred the paper

Adding to the fiber in his diet

pre-sneeze

he sat here and played with my laces for 20 minutes

Gabe enjoyed the girl's new baby just as much as they did

He sticks his tongue out when he smiles (Chad asked if this was normal!)

My little love
 The following day we went to Grandpa and Grandma Gail's house to celebrate.  We enjoyed our time there and enjoyed wrapping up this year's Christmas celebration.  Now that the new year is here I am looking back and counting my blessings and looking forward with hope for another wonderful year. Here's to faith, family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. You are so good at making me go "that happens at my house too!" and then suddenly I as if my raising, and how I am with my young siblings and niece and nephew is somewhat normal after all. I look t baby Gabe and I can just tell he is one of this kindrid, happy, satisfied babies that is too busy taking in this strange new world to even think about screaming his head off... I just discovered this blog. Looking forward to more posts! Love ya! -Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way... be sure to never post a blog comment via your smartphone... I apologize for those wonderful grammatical errors and typos! I meant well!

    ReplyDelete