Sunday, January 9, 2011

Paleo cooking

So most of you know that I have been killing myself at CrossFit for several months now and I love it.  If you don't know what CrossFit is check it out.  We started a 30 day challenge on January 2nd of a Paleo lifestyle.  It's tough!!  But I have to say that I feel amazing and I am loving the new recipes that I have been discovering and making up.  Cooking is so theraputic for me and I love it.  I can be in my kitchen for hours on end.  So while it's a hard change to make, I am excited to cook and try new recipes.  I hope you try some of the recipes, whether or not you are eating paleo :)

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

These were a little labor intensive (getting the leaves off of the cabbage head was a little tricky) but once you get them going it goes by quickly.  They were well worth the effort.  I mixed the filling first and then:
Start by blanching the cabbage leaves in boiling water

Lay out the leaves and place a heaping tablespoon full of filling at the bottom

Fold in the sides

Roll up from the bottom

Aren't they cute?

Recipe (sorry it's a little bit of this and a little bit of that!)
1/3 pound of ground turkey
1/2 pound of ground beef
diced carrots
diced zuchinni
minced shallot
1 egg, beaten
about a 1/4 cup of almond meal (more if it's too wet)
diced tomato
salt and pepper
a pinch of marjoram
a pinch of red pepper flakes
a little garlic powder

Mix all together and stuff the cabbage leaves.  Pour your favorite paleo tomato sauce on top.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment