I have been having such a great time with my new camera. My family is tired of me following them around, checking the lighting and testing out all of the fun settings my camera has to offer. It is so cool to be able to catch the smiles, laughs and funny faces that I have been missing with my little digital camera.
So while I was going through the hundreds of photos I've taken, I've realized some of them needed their own blog post!
I realized that the girls have A LOT of princess stuff. Pj's, dolls, toothbrushes, candy, lip gloss, bikes, scooters, undies....the list goes on and on and on. Disney Princess stuff is everywhere! It actually is a little overwhelming and can be nauseating at times. But anyhow, I was looking at the photos and thinking that my girls and their quirks are what princesses are made of. Not pink explosion. Not frilly dresses. Not perfectly combed hair. Not sweet, polite manners (although important). They are children and they were created to be free and happy at this age and it is my responsibility to nurture them. Nurture their creativity, their hearts, their minds. I am called to raise them with love, grace, compassion, discipline, etc. None of which falls into the Disney Princess mold of perfection. So here in our house princesses are made of mud pies, non-matching outfits, uncombed hair, silly boots worn with shorts, messy faces, loud laughter and silly songs just to name a few. Here are some photos of our princesses:
 |
|





 |
| Love the rain jacket in 80 degree weather |
 |
| Can't beat navy blue Capri's with stars and a pink heart shirt! |
 |
| Sister races |
 |
| Squeals! |
love these pictures!
ReplyDeleteand also the attitude- the quirks are what make us usable by God :)
thank you for your kind words friend. i think you should absolutely take your family on the polar express. it was a family memory we will never forget! I noticed your friend amber is starting backpacking through joshua. it sounds really good. i'm thinking about doing it. are you going to do it?
ReplyDelete