My favorite meeting spot is our chair. It's nothing fancy. In fact, it's a hand me down. It makes little squeaking noises and catches the hinge from time to time. But I love it. It's a place just for us. At the end of the day or in the middle of the night we sit and we snuggle. I sing to you and you sing your sweet little mumbles to me. I rock you endlessly and you wrap your little hand around the back of my arm. I cherish each minute we spend here. I'm not in a hurry. Sleepy yes, but not quick to put you back in bed. The smell of your soft baby hair is comforting amist all the chaos on the other side of the door. I check out for a few moments. We talk about our day and what we will be doing tomorrow. I tell you the things I love most about you. We talk about the boy you're becoming and the man you'll eventually be. I count your toes. Over and over. I kiss your squishy cheeks. Over and over. You melt into me and it's then that I know you were hand picked for me, and I for you. Maybe it's because you're the last baby I will have in this chair, but I stop and enjoy these little things. I seemed to be in such a hurry with your sisters. But now I know how fast it really does go. Time stops and everything else can wait when I'm in our chair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment